Meet the Doctor
Dr. Christopher Trailor was born and raised in Norwich Connecticut. He attended local schools, graduating from Norwich Free Academy in 1981. A Bachelor of Arts degree in chemistry was earned in 1985 from The College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts. After two years of chemical research at Pfizer Pharmaceuticals, he went on to earn his Doctorate of Dental Medicine at the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine, continuing on to complete his advanced specialty education in dental implants and periodontology. Dr. Trailor has served as an assistant clinical professor in periodontology at the UConn School of Dental Medicine since 1994. In 1993, he joined Norwich Periodontal Associates where currently owns and operates his own private practice.
Dr. Trailor has been active in various professional organizations throughout his career, including president of the New London County Dental Society in 2003. Dr. Trailor is board certified by the American Board of Periodontology, a member of the American Dental Association, the Connecticut State Dental Association, and the New London County Dental Society. He is also diplomat of the American Academy of Periodontology and a member of the International Team of Implantology.
Dr. Trailor and his wife have three wonderful children. When not in the office, he enjoys vacationing with his family and can often be found on the golf course. He is an avid fan of all New England sports teams, especially the Boston Red Sox.
Our Norwich office is furnished with the very latest in periodontal technology and equipment designed to make your treatments as easy and as comfortable as possible. We’re conveniently located at 130 New London Turnpike, just minutes from Interstate 395.
Vineyard Haven Office
Dr. Trailor works several hours per month out of a second office in Vineyard Haven on Martha’s Vineyard. The office is shared with Dr. Robert W. Herman, D.M.D. To schedule an appointment at this office, visit www.marthasvineyarddentist.com
Our office has developed a practice philosophy which emphasizes optimal clinical care while maintaining strict ethical standards. To meet these goals, a list of our practice standards are listed below.
- We are always an advocate for the patient and treat all patients as if they were family or friends.
- A patient’s chief complaint is always our primary concern.
- Patients are always informed of all periodontal and implant treatment options regardless of age.
- The advantages and disadvantages of all treatment options are honestly presented allowing patients to always make their own decisions.
- Treatment recommendations are communicated with the referring dentist prior to the initiation of any periodontal or implant treatment.
- All procedures are performed with as little discomfort as possible and we recognize dental anxiety as a real, yet manageable concern.
- Dr. Trailor and his staff regularly attend continuing education courses to provide the most current evidence based treatment approaches.
- A patient’s financial status is taken into consideration during the treatment planning phase and every effort is made to make treatment as affordable as possible.
- We do not endorse dental products and/or procedures that are not based on sound,evidence-based dental research.
- We always strive to do the very best work we can while aiming for optimal treatment results. However, the patient’s are informed that in certain circumstances, a perfect outcome is not always possible.
Contact us today to schedule your next periodontal appointment.